RMK Publications Services listed here include:
- Copy Editing, proofreading
- Manuscript Formatting for Print and Ebook
- Book Cover creation
- Teaching authors how to do it themselves.
- Website creation and Design using WordPress
Formatting and Publishing Services
RMK Publications is owned by Rose Marie Kern. The company provides editing and proofreading services as well as formatting for authors who wish to self-publish. We can format your finished manuscript and create a cover for print and/or eBook on KDP Amazon, Ingram Spark or 48 Hour books. We will assist you in creating your own account with those organizations, copyrighting, ISBNs and uploading the final product.
RMK charges $25 per hour plus tax with a payment of $125 in advance. The average time books take to do final proofing, formatting and uploading is between 10-20 hours. RMK will provide a detailed hourly charge analysis with the final statement. KDP Amazon, Ingram Spark or 48 Hour books may charge additional fees.
The initial consultation either in person, via zoom, or over the phone is free of charge. The initial discussion goes over the expected timeline and formatting specifics requested by the author. This will be followed by a formal memorandum of understanding concerning the book.
Author will work closely with RMK to create the information required for the author’s marketing and sales purposes. This may include allowing us temporary access to the online account. If requested we will initialize the interface with the chosen printer/distributor. Once the project is complete, RMK will destroy any account information in our files and authors are encouraged to change their passwords. All royalties resulting from sales of the book through Amazon are property of the Author.
RMK guarantees that the book will be uploaded and completed in a timely manner as long as the author has given her all materials and information needed to format and upload the manuscript.
Authors may choose to have their books promoted on the RMK website. Author can have their own page on the website and book cover on the home page carousel.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rose will teach those who are interested in doing their own self-publishing the steps needed to publish through either Ingram Spark or KDP, or give instruction on various ways to create a book cover.
RMK can help authors set up a website with a blog option using WordPress. Authors can choose their own designs and be taught how to add photos, create or update pages and how to keep the site alive by creating new posts (blogs)
Rose Marie Kern is currently the president of SouthWest Writers – with 377 members it is the largest non-profit writer’s organization in the region. She has authored over a thousand articles which have been published in regional and national magazines, as well as five books, three of which have received awards.
Books/ebooks Formatted and Published by RMK
- The Flypaper Witch – Mary Candace Mize
- Sweet Ivy’s Gold – Paula Paul
- Not Without Angelica! Children’s book by Loretta Naranjo Lopez
- The Church of You – Rose Kross Karamatheene
- Wombhala – Maiz
- KiMo Theatre: Fact & Folklore – by Jacqueline Loring & SWW
- The SouthWest Sage Anthology 2018
- The SWW Writing Contest Winner’s Anthology 2019
- Creating Microclimates for High Desert Gardens – Kern
- …And Something Blue (ebook) by Dennis Kastendiek
- The Storyteller’s Anthology (ebook) by SouthWest Writers
- Air to Ground 2020: A Guide for Pilots to the World of Air Traffic Control
- Stress is Relative: Memoir of an Air Traffic Controller – Kern
- The Solar Chef: A Southwestern Recipe Book – Kern
- FUNdraising Events for Small to Medium Non-Profits – Kern
- Victory from the Shadows – Montague